Day 1

I just recently had my 4th baby back in February.  And I was very blessed to have church members and friends bring my family and I meals.  It was amazingly helpful and I think we would have been eating Samin for weeks if not for those lifesaving meals. 
One of the meals that was brought to me, she also packed protein ball snacks.  They were AMAZING!! (I'm still learning how this blogging all works and I don't know how to add a picture) I had asked for the recipe, bought all the ingredients and then life got going.  The ingredients have been sitting on my counter for weeks and last night I was finally able to make them!  Oh man I forgot how amazing they were.  And they were a huge help to me today as I tried to get my oldest out the door, get my other 2 boys ready for the day, nurse baby girl and get myself dressed.  
Here's the recipe.  Easy to make, my little ones loved it, wrap it in wax paper and throw it in your purse and it's there for an after gym snack and delicious!

1/3 C Chopped almonds
1/3 C Shredded coconut
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1/2 C Nut Butter (peanut or almond)
1/4 C Honey
1 Tbsp Chia seeds
1/3 C dried cranberries, roughly chopped

Bake oatmeal, almonds and coconut for 8-10 minutes at 350*, stirring after 5 minutes. Allow mixture to cool.
In a medium bowl, microwave the nut butter for 20-30 seconds until runny, add the baked mix along with flaxseed, honey, chia seeds and cranberries to the bowl.  
Form into 1/1.5" balls and refrigerate.  
Store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to one week or freezer for 3 months. 

I personally don't care for shredded coconut so I didn't put any of it in mine, but they still turned out great! I used a cookie scooper to form my protein balls, sat them on a plate and stuck it in the fridge.  If you try these out, let me know what you thought about them.  And or if there was anything else you added to make them even tastier.  

Till next time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Beginnings

Day 2